This is the authentic homemade Guacamole recipe. It is simple to make and requires only a few ingredients.
Guacamole is simply mashed creamy avocados, fresh tomato, onions, peppers and salt with a little lime juice.
the name guacamole, pronounced “gaucamolé”, comes from the Spanish name for avocado “aguacate”. It is a Mexican-style avocado mashed.
Guacamole comes in many forms. There are many recipes.
Personally, I like avocado. The avocado is high in unsaturated and lipid fatty acids, which are good for your cardiovascular health. Avocados that are too ripe for salad can be made into guacamole. I won’t share the secret recipe because it is so delicious.
Guacamole made from scratch
Guacamole is simple to make and full of flavor. This creamy avocado dip is delicious and so tangy that every bite will be a pleasure to savor.
Because it isn’t exactly what you would expect, I wouldn’t recommend it. Or, eat guacamole from a renowned restaurant.
The printable recipe card below lists exact quantities.
– Lawyers : Ripe avocados are essential. Take out the tail and inspect it carefully. The fruit is considered good if the flesh is green underneath. If the avocado is brown, it is best to not buy it.
– Onions: Red onions are my favorite ingredient in guacamole. If you prefer mild-tasting onions, I recommend rinsing the red onions first under cold running water. You can also use white, yellow, and brown onions.
– Pepper: The original recipe calls for jalapeno peppers, but I did not add any because my children love this dip and don’t like it too spicy.
Tabasco was substituted, my husband and me putting Tabasco in our respective parts.
– Coriander: You can either skip cilantro or add chopped parsley. However, it provides a unique taste.
– Lemon juiceThis recipe is better if you use lime (or lime). Lemon juice can be used, however.
– Salt: I use either coarse or sea salt.
– Diced tomatoesTomatoes are an optional addition to my recipes. Choose meaty tomatoes if you do decide to add tomatoes. The seeds should be removed to stop the guacamole leaking.
How do you prepare guacamole
– Cut the avocados in half, and remove the pits.
– Remove the flesh with a spoon and place it in a large bowl.
– Mash the avocados with a fork.
– Cut the tomato into cubes, without removing the juice, and add it to the avocados.
– Add the tabasco, according to your taste, otherwise if you don’t have any, add the well-chopped pepper.
– Chop the coriander and the onion, and add them to the mixture.
– Season with lemon juice and salt.
– Taste with doritos, nachos, or just with a good piece of bread… a delight!
You can also use the avocado in these starters:
Sweet potato waffles with guacamole, poached eggs
Guacamole and sweet potato bites
Tips for a gourmet guacamole:
– For a really tasty guacamole, use ripe avocados and remove any brown spots from the avocado before mashing.
– Take the avocados out of the fridge a little earlier, because avocados at room temperature are easier to crush.
– Cut the onions and peppers into cubes, so that it is easier to homogenize with the avocado for more flavor.
– I tell you frankly lime juice is much tastier than lemon juice.
– Mash the avocados with a fork and leave a few large chunks to give the dip some texture.
– If the onions have a strong taste, place them in a colander, sprinkle with salt and mix. Let the onions sit for about 2 to 3 minutes, then rinse under cold water.
– Authentic Mexican guacamole does not contain tomatoes, but you can add some if you wish. To prevent the guacamole from becoming too runny, seed the tomatoes.
Avocado lovers will love these recipes
Here’s the original homemade guacamole recipe. This recipe requires just a few ingredients. Guacamole simply contains mashed creamy avocados with fresh tomatoes, onions and peppers. It also includes cilantro and a little bit of lime juice.
- Take the pits out of the avocados and cut them in half.
- Use a spoon to scoop the flesh out and place it in a large bowl.
- Use a fork to mash the avocados.
- The tomato can be cut into cubes and the juice removed.
- Add the tabasco to taste. If you don’t have it, then add the finely chopped pepper.
- Mix the ingredients together by chopping the onion and coriander.
- Season with lemon juice, salt.
- Enjoy it with crisps, doritos or just a piece of bread…a delicious combination
If you have already tried one of my recipes send me photos via email.
You can subscribe to my recipes Quick and easy recipes, Subscribe to my newsletter